Dad

Dad
in his backyard haven

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Sneaky Pete

Ok Everyone.  Here we are - all worrying and fretting over poor sickly Dennis-Dad-Grandpa.  


 I stayed by his side for over 2 weeks because I feared to leave him alone.  I've been helping him up and down stairs, dressing him, etc....


Well - worry-no-more Dear Ones!  The gig is up; the patient lives!


On Monday I had made plans to meet a friend for lunch and Den was "safely" tucked in.  I told him I'd only be away for 2 hours.


Yesterday as we were going to the local doctor I noticed that Den had his keys and his wallet already in his pants - ???  whatever...


Today, Wednesday, we had to go to City of Hope, a journey of 53 miles one way.  This requires the comforts of the truck!   I get in the truck but the mirror is moved, the seat is in the wrong place and - there is not enough gas to make the journey - what????  When we got to CofH I needed to pay the valet service and asked where would I find an ATM - Den says "I have cash."  hmmmm  He hands me his wallet and there is a wad of 20s - ok - he's been sneakin' out when I thought he could barely make it to the bathroom.


Poor Den - he forgets about my "seeing eyes".  I came home and checked the banking - sure enough he had managed to get out while I was at lunch and make a withdrawal.


So there you have it - the man has a will!   You're climbing the stairs on your own, now, Buddy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh.

    DAAAAD! You are going to kill someone! Need we remind you that you are infested with cancer and hyped up on codeine???

    Stop the madness.

    Honestly, I can see myself doing the same thing someday. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greaat. Look out everyone!! I think there needs to be an interrogation.

    ReplyDelete