Dad

Dad
in his backyard haven

Thursday 12 April 2012

Why this blog?

I've lived in India for a year. I'm on assignment for my work. I've got another year to go. I'm married, have children of my own, have a lot of responsibilities like everyone else. I have a Mom and 4 siblings and caring friends. I'm a practical person. I like to think of myself as a bit of a story teller too. I like to scrapbook - online.

To be honest, this blog is as much for me as it is for Mom and my siblings and my Dad and hopefully many others. I want to tell stories about Dad. I want other to also. I want to record it somewhere.

I don't want to be dramatic or a fatalist. I just want to talk about Dad. Because I love to and I love him.

A few weeks ago I got a call from my sister. It was not unlike many times before. I've learned to brace myself and pace my response for these calls. Dad had been in the hospital again. Something wasn't right. Tests will be done. "Mom wanted me to call..."

Since that call there have been many calls and test and skypes. Dad has cancer. AGAIN.

Personally, I'm tired of this - for him and Mom. They're retired. They should be traveling and having fun and visiting grandchildren. I wish it were different for them.

I'm tired of pain and suffering for Dad; and therefore for Mom. They are GIVERS in life. I have to trust that God will GIVE.

Dad has Mantle Cell Lymphoma. His treatment started today. I'm waiting for another email or call.

No comments:

Post a Comment