Dad

Dad
in his backyard haven

Saturday 30 June 2012

SPHS Remembers Dennis


Dear Peggy and Family, 
 
Please accept my sincere sympathy, prayers and love in the loss of your husband and my friend, Dennis.  He was a true gentleman and it was my honor to have know him.  May our Good Lord bestow his blessings upon you and your family during this most difficult time.  I pray to St. Joseph, The Patron Saint Of Departing Souls and hope it will bring you some comfort.  Besides high school, I really enjoyed conversation with Dennis at all of our reunions.  He will be missed but he will be in spirit at our Big 50th Reunion in September. 
 
Peggy, you are always invited to our reunions.
 
Thank you, Henry V.
-----------------------------------------
 
During our last HS reunion, Dennis and I were sharing a few memories of SPHS.  As we moved into our hobbies over time, we got into railroads and steam locomotives.  The man was absolutely into trains and sold me on the idea of trip to Wales to ride one of the few remaining unique locomotives.  Our reunion is just around the corner and it was that venue that was to serve as a background to share with Dennis the fun of the trip he convinced me to take!  Well Dennis, you’re up there among all the white steam clouds, enjoy your smiling down upon us and know you’ll be missed by all of us from ’62.
Les K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment